Shaykh hisham Kabbani, from his childhood, accompanied Shaykh Abdullah Daghestani and Shaykh Muhammad Nazim al-Haqqani, masters of the Naqshbandi Order, throughout the Middle East, Europe, and the Far East.
In 1991 he moved to America and there established the foundation of the Naqshbandi-Haqqani Sufi Order of America. The Naqshbandiyya Aliyya Sufi Order was established in America by Shaykh Hisham Kabbani.
Since then, he has opened 23 Sufi centers in Canada and the United States. He has lectured in many universities, including Oxford, SOAS, Yale, the University of California at Berkeley, the University of Chicago, Columbia University, Rutgers, Howard, McGill, Concordia, Dawson College, as well as in many spiritual and religious centres throughout North America, Europe, the Far East and the Middle East.
The Shaykh has a Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry from the American University of Beirut, Lebanon, Medical studies in Louvain, Belgium, Degree in Islamic Divine Law, Damascus, Syria.
Resides: New York, USA
Current Occupation: Islamic scholar
Education: BSc Chemistry, Medical studies, Degree in Islamic Divine Law
Preferred Subject: Tassawuf
Notable Teachers: Shaykh Nazim Adil Haqqani
Shaykh Hisham Kabbani’s work wherever he goes is to spread the Sufi teachings of the brotherhood of mankind and the unity of belief in God that is present in all religions and spiritual paths. His efforts are directed at bringing the diverse spectrum of religions and spiritual paths into harmony and concord, in recognition of mankind’s responsibility as caretaker of this fragile planet and of one another.
As well as License to teach, guide and counsel students in Islamic spirituality from the renowned Shaykh Muhammad Nazim Adil, authority of the Hanafi school of Islamic law in the Middle East and world leader of the Naqshbandi Haqqani Sufi Order.
Shaykh Hisham, as a Sufi shaykh, has been given the authority and permission to guide his followers to the Love of God and to the stations to which they have been destined by their Creator. His arduous spiritual training of 40 years at the hands of his grandshaykh and his shaykh, has endowed him with the sublime qualities of wisdom, light, intellect, and compassion necessary for a true Master on the Path.
Shaykh Hisham Kabbani has met with countless heads-of-state, diplomats, politicians, scholars, intellectuals, religious figures and common folk around the world. His students number in the hundreds of thousands. He has successfully established programs to counter radicalism and promote tolerance and peace in a number of conflict-ridden areas of the world.
Shaykh Hisham’s outreach mission in the Americas is his unique contribution to the Endeavour of Humankind in reaching for its highest destiny–nearness to God. His endeavours to bring unity of hearts in their movement towards the Divine Presence is what may be his greatest legacy to the West.
Shaykh Hisham Kabbani has also published a number of books and continues to bring people in the path of tassawuf.
Current Positions Held
- Chairman, Islamic Supreme Council of America
- Chairman, Naqshbandi Haqqani Sufi Order of America
- Chairman, As-Sunnah Foundation of America
- Founder, Sufi Muslim Council UK and the Center for Spirituality and Cultural Advancement UK
- Founder, eShaykh.com, an online Islamic advice and rulings website.
Tijani has two sons, Abul Feid-Ahmed Tijani and Muhammed Salis-Ahmed Tijani.
- Founded 23 Sufi study and meeting centres in the U.S. and Canada.
- Founded the Islamic Supreme Council of America, a religious organisation dedicated to the dissemination of informative material on Islam and the presentation of an authentic, scholarly Islamic viewpoint on world affairs.
- Established As-Sunna Foundation of America for developing, publishing and organising conferences to provide classical Islamic education.
- Works closely with the government and people of Malaysia, Indonesia, and Singapore to restore traditional Sufi practices and prevent the increase of religious radicals in the region.
- Chairman of the highly successful International Islamic Unity Conference, whose second conference took place in Washington, DC from August 7-9, 1998.
- Chairman of the Muslim Magazine, an acclaimed quarterly addressing issues of concern to Muslims in the modern world.
- Remembrance of God Liturgy of the Sufi Naqshbandi Masters
- The Naqshbandi Sufi Way
- Angels Unveiled
- Fifty Days: the Divine Disclosures During a Holy Sufi Seclusion
- Ask the graves, the mysticism way
- Love of Auliya and their help for true Sufi
- The Prohibition of Domestic Violence
- Naqshbandi Sufi Order
- Sufi Science of Self Realization
- Classical Islam and Encyclopedia of Islamic Doctrine and Beliefs