Shaykh Asrar Rashid is a scholar who currently lives in Birmingham, UK.
Shaykh Asrar completed his Dars-e-Nizami in 2002 at the Hazrat Sultan Bahu Trust and went to study further Arabic in Damascus. He continued to live in Syria whilst advancing in many other subjects.
He studied Interfaith Relations at the University of Cambridge in 2007-2009, alongside doing his M.A Islamic Studies at the University of Birmingham.
He received his Islamic Fatwa Training (Ifta) 2012-2013 at Dar al-Ulum Na’eemiyah, Karachi, granting him the title Mufti and is currently also pursuing a PhD in Islamic Law and the University of Birmingham.
Now, Shaykh Asrar Rashid is a teacher of Islamic Studies but continues to further pursue his knowledge on Islamic Fiqh, Aqeedah and other contemporary issues. He was a regular contributor to online blogs but now spends much time delivering public speeches to benefit the youth, especially in regards to contemporary issues and Brelwi understanding.
Background: British Pakstani
Resides: Birmingham, UK
Current Occupation: Teaecher
Education: Dars Nizami, Masters, Iftah
Preferred Subject: Aqeedah, Contemporary Issues
Notable Teachers: Shaykh Muhammad al-Yaqubi, Mawlana Rasul Baksh Saidi, Mufti Yar Muhammad Qadri, Allamah Ghulam Muhammad Tonswi
Shaykh Asrar is known to refute many scholars on Fiqh, Hadith or other contemporary matters. He is currently writing a Sharh of Jami`i al-Tirmidhi.
Shaykh Asrar is also a Khalifa of the Naqshbandi Tariqa, he received Khilafah from his father Shaykh Mohammad Abdullah Ateeq. And also has permission of other Silaasils.
- Hadith Ijazah – al-Sayyid Muhammad ibn Alawi Maliki (ra) & others
- Ijazah & recital of the complete Musalsalat Asharah through the Sanusi ulama pathways – from al-Sayyid Malik al-Arabi al-Sanusi (Madinah) & others
- Hadith Ijazah/Musalsal bi al-Awwaliyah – al-Shareef Fatih al-Kattani, al-Sayyid Adnan al-Majd, al-Shaykh Wahbi Suleiman al-Gawiji, al-Sayyid Isam Arrar al-Hasani
- Sahih Bukhari, Sahih Muslim, Sunan Tirmidhi & Abu Dawud Recital & Ijazah – from al-Sayyid Muhammad al-Yaqoubi
- Recital of Sahih al-Bukhari – Sayyid Ahmad Sirajuddin al-Halabi
- Recital of Sahih Muslim & Ijazah – al-Shareef Abd al-Rahman al-Kattani last son of al-Allamah al-Musnid Abd al-Hay al-Kattani
- Recital of Sahih Muslim & Ijaza – al-Shareef Idris al-Kattani last son of al-Allamah Muhammad ibn Jafar al-Kattani
- Al-Sayyid Yusuf al-Rifai Al-Hasani
Also further ijaza and confirmation of knowledge from various Ulema:
- Taj al-Fuqaha Abd al-Haq Bandyalwi
- Allamah Manzur Ahmad Fayzi
- Allamah Fayz Ahmad Owaisi
- Allamah Abd al-Hakim Sharaf al-Qadri
- Allamah Gulam Rasool Saeedi
- Mufti Ghulam Sarwar Qadri
- Allamah Khalil Mian Barakati
- Rare Materials Collector (manuscripts & rare monographs from British India & Ottoman Hijaz)
- Metadata Specialist for Arabic monographs cataloguing & classification according to AACR2 standards